Public Relations Coordinator
Part-Time (10 hours per week)
The 4Cs invites applications from active and retired members for the position of part-time public relations coordinator. The coordinator will develop and implement communications strategies to:
- Showcase the 4Cs as a community resource dedicated to helping all constituencies meet their education and training needs, and
- Position the 4Cs as a voice of labor and higher education throughout the state.
The coordinator will:
- Advise union officers on communications strategies and issues;
- Develop appropriate media relations plans;
- Write, take photographs for, and distribute news releases, feature stories, media advisories, backgrounders, and analyses to the appropriate local, state, national and educational media;
- Develop ideas and ghostwrite op-eds by union officers for aforementioned media;
- Write speeches for union officers;
- Take and distribute stand-alone photos to the aforementioned media; and
- Develop and pitch interview ideas and member subjects to local, state, and regional radio and television stations.
This is not an entry-level position. The successful applicant will have at least seven years current experience as a community college publicist/marketing specialist, current contacts with newspapers, blogs, and radio and television stations in Connecticut, and an in-depth knowledge of labor history and issues. Bachelor’s degree in journalism or English required, as well as master’s degree with a labor history or labor studies concentration.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and proposal to email@example.com by September 18.
jrojas September 9th, 2015
Posted In: Job Openings