As you know, at the recent Board of Regents meeting, President Ojakian proposed a significant restructuring of the community colleges. Video of the Board meeting is now available through CT-N
Michael Rooke, President of Northwestern CT Community College, makes the presentation about the consolidation (beginning about 55 minutes into the video). If you have questions about the consolidation and the process, it is worth a watch.
Also a reminder that the Board is seeking public comment on the proposal by November 20; you can fill out the Board’s survey here
The BOR will also be hosting an interactive, online “briefing to discuss the proposed consolidation plan for the community colleges.
The details are as follows:
- On Tuesday, November 7, from 12pm-2pm, the Students First community college forum will be hosted at Capital Community College and simultaneously transmitted to the 11 sister campuses via WebEx
- Faculty, staff and students from the 12 colleges who can attend the session at Capital Community College in person are welcome
- Each college is providing a room to simulcast the event so as many people as possible can participate from their home campuses
- Participants will have an opportunity to watch the session live and submit their questions via the Chat function
- We will also be gathering questions in advance – please send to CSCU-President@ct.edu by November 6
- The forum will be recorded and posted on the CSCU website and the link emailed to all employees for future viewing
Your individual campuses will be providing you with additional information on how to participate on-campus or via Facebook live prior to the event.
The goal is to maximize the time allotted to solicit suggestions and address concerns related to the consolidation of the community colleges and changes to each local campus structure. In particular, we will address questions raised through the feedback survey on changes in leadership positions, new coordination of enrollment management, processes for developing system-wide academic programs and more.”
ebenson November 1st, 2017
Posted In: BOR, Consolidation