At the November 15 BOR meeting, President Ojakian will be presenting a draft of a white paper that serves as a primer on our college and university system for Governor-elect Lamont and other interested parties. The report looks at both the value of our system and the challenges we collectively face.
One aspect of the paper that is worth noting is the “Policy and Funding Solutions,” which outlines legislative initiatives that the system may seek moving forward, including:
- Free or Reduced Tuition Models for College
- Student Support Investments such as $13M for advisors and $25M to hire over 200 full-time faculty at the community colleges.
- Establishing a fund for publicly supported work-study
- Expanding partnerships with K-12
- The same authority as UConn to administer its own construction projects
Read more at:
- White Paper Draft
- CSCU president warns Gov.-elect Lamont about dire state of state college and university system (Hartford Courant)