Has there been any guidance provided on taking our three furlough days?
- Furlough days only affect full-time members; less than 20 hour/week part-time Educational Assistants and part-time lecturers are not required to take furlough days.
- Furlough days are being covered by contract funds so there should be no loss of pay.
- Furlough days should be scheduled by mutual agreement between the member and his/her supervisor.
- For teaching faculty, the furlough days should be taken during the academic year.
- The waiver is available with the fall 2017 semester, but we do not have an answer to whether it will be retroactive. For the current semester, contact the HR office at campus where the course(s) will be taken for information on how to obtain the waiver.
- Yes, all of the members currently in the pool will remain in the pool (unless you have turned down courses for five semesters in row without good cause).
- You should continue to apply for the pool until the procedures are determined. The sign up form is online. We will keep you updated when we have more information.