As we start to implement the recent changes made to our Collective Bargaining Agreement, there have been a number of questions raised, which are answered below.
Has there been any guidance provided on taking our three furlough days?
- Furlough days only affect full-time members; less than 20 hour/week part-time Educational Assistants and part-time lecturers are not required to take furlough days.
- Furlough days are being covered by contract funds so there should be no loss of pay.
- Furlough days should be scheduled by mutual agreement between the member and his/her supervisor.
- For teaching faculty, the furlough days should be taken during the academic year.
There is new language on tuition waivers extending the “value of the waiver” to the CSUs; how will this work? Will it be retroactive to July 1, 2016?
- The waiver is available with the fall 2017 semester, but we do not have an answer to whether it will be retroactive. For the current semester, contact the HR office at campus where the course(s) will be taken for information on how to obtain the waiver.
The Seniority (Part-Time Lecturer’s Pool or PTL) Pool is becoming automatic with 18 credits taught at one college and at least one positive evaluation. I am already in the pool, but have never been evaluated; will I remain in the pool?
- Yes, all of the members currently in the pool will remain in the pool (unless you have turned down courses for five semesters in row without good cause).
When will the PTL Pool become automatic?
- You should continue to apply for the pool until the procedures are determined. The sign up form is online. We will keep you updated when we have more information.
If you have a question that is not listed, please feel free to email us
ebenson August 31st, 2017
Posted In: Contract, Contract Negotiations