Promotion Committee Composition
A few weeks ago, we announced that an anomaly had been noticed in the contract implementation on the issue of the composition of the Promotion Committee. In notes from negotiations, it was agreed to around the table that the Promotion Committee makeup would include two managers; as there would be administrators on the Promotion Committee, it would eliminate the Dean level of review. However, the issue of the Promotion Committee composition was never incorporated into the three Tentative Agreements that were signed (here
President Bonina asked our Attorney to review this matter. Attorney Chester’s letter can be read here
Professional Development Grants
In the past, the 4Cs contract contained different “pots” of money for specific purposes. During contract negotiations, it was agreed that:
- Grievance/equity accounts remain the same.
- 1% of payroll to fund promotions and merit awards.
- 1.35% of payroll for professional development.
- Other accounts become obligations of the BOR.
- 26 sabbatical leaves (an increase of about 10 per year)
- Remaining funds dispersed to members as “professional development grants”.
Members have inquired as to when the professional development grants would be released. We do not have an exact date yet for the professional development grants, but we expect that they will be awarded early in 2018. We will keep you updated.
ebenson December 12th, 2017
Posted In: Contract, Principal Bargaining Unit, Professional Development