As you likely know, the BOR approved President Ojakian’s proposed framework to restructure the community college system last Thursday (found here; video of BOR meeting here (after approximately 35 minutes of public comment).
The 4Cs has many concerns about this framework and we encourage all of our members to attend the Town Hall meetings on your campus. The 4Cs Delegate Assembly met over the weekend and brainstormed a list of questions to ask, which have been shared with all the 4Cs Chapter Officers and Delegates.
The Town Hall dates and times may be altered (several have already been revised more than once), but this is the most recent list we have:
- Tuesday, April 11, at 11 a.m. – Tunxis
- Thursday, April 13, 9 a.m. – Manchester
- Monday, April 17, at 9:30 a.m. – Norwalk
- Tuesday, April 18 at 1 p.m. – Asnuntuck
- Wednesday, April 19 at 9 a.m. – SCSU
- Wednesday, April 19 at 1 p.m. – Gateway
- Thursday, April 20 at 9 a.m. – WCSU
- Monday, April 24, at 1 p.m. – Naugatuck Valley
- Tuesday, April 25 at 1 p.m. – CCSU
- Wednesday, April 26 at 9 a.m. – Quinebaug Valley
- Wednesday, April 26 at 1 p.m. – Three Rivers
- Thursday April 27 at 1:15 p.m. – ECSU
- Monday, May 1, at 9 a.m. – Charter Oak
- Tuesday, May 2 at 9 a.m. – Northwestern
- Thursday, May 4 at 1 p.m. – Housatonic
- Friday, May 5 at 9 a.m. – Capital
- Monday, May 8 at 9am – Middlesex
Tunxis videotaped the Town Hall meeting which is available here.