Members of the 4Cs Retirees Chapter participated in Senior Day at the Capitol, organized by the Connecticut Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA). The day provided an opportunity for folks to learn about and advocate for or against pending legislation. The ARA identified five pieces of priority legislation:
- SB 54: An Act Establishing a Retirement Savings Plan for Low-Income Private Sector Workers
- SB 4: An Act Concerning Early Voting
- SB 886: An Act Concerning Aging in Place
- SB 6396: An Act Concerning Livable Communities
- Oppose HB 6402: An Act Modernizing the State’s Telecommunications Laws
After visiting with their legislators, participants gathered in the State Capitol for a brief program, where the following photos were taken.